Three New Training Opportunities
September 5, 2012 by admin
1. September 20, 2012 — Webinar offered by APPEAL 11 am – 12 pm HST
Topic: Creating a Healthy Eating Active Living Movement for Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders
APPEAL is offering a for a 60-minute webinar during which Executive Director, Mr. Rod Lew and Program Manager, Siang Sin Goh will discuss APPEAL’s work around creating a movement on policy, environmental and systems changes to make healthier choices the easier choices in Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander (AA and NHPI) communities. This webinar will be moderated by APPEAL’s Program Coordinator Gilbert Achay. Join us to learn about new resources and how to get involved in our national movement! (to register click here: http://bit.ly/APPEALHEAL)
1. To increase awareness of health eating and active living (HEAL) as a social justice issue for AAs and NHPIs;
2. To increase awareness about APPEAL’s Strategic Framework to achieve health parity;
3. To highlight evidence-based and practice-based strategies on community level, mainstream institutional level, legislative level, and corporate level;
4. To gather involvement in a movement for healthy eating and active living for AAs and NHPIs.
Space is limited, register now! To register for this webinar, please visit: http://bit.ly/APPEALHEAL Webinar log-in will be provided after registration
2. September 27, 2012 — CDFH/HPCE Substance Abuse 2012 Training — 8:00 am to 3:30 pm. Click here for details and to register.
3. Motivational Interviewing Training offered by PARENTS
Hawaii Island: September 28, 2012
Oahu: October 12, 2012